Thursday, August 7, 2014

6 under-rated beauty products

 
I know the drugstore can be pretty overwhelming and trust me, I still tend to walk into a drugstore and stare at the makeup isle for hours. With so many products available, it's hard to decide which products are worth the money and which products to avoid. I'm sure you have heard of all these brands, but have you checked out these products? These 6 products don't get the hype they deserve, so I'm here to tell you if you find yourself exploring the makeup aisles with no idea what to pick up, try these products out!
 
  • Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder ($7.99 at Target) - This powder is so finely milled and goes on like a dream. It doesn't feel like you're adding layers of powder on your face and actually reminds me of a high end powder. Doesn't oxidize on the skin and although it's not a full coverage powder, it gives you just enough coverage so you don't end up looking cakey.
  • E.L.F Studio Eyebrow Kit ($3 at Target & Eyeslipsface.com) - I'm a big fan of E.L.F products as they are very reasonably priced and actually are really good products. Talk about beauty on a budget. The eyebrow kit includes a wax and powder and are so pigmented and easy to blend. Comes in 3 different colors and a perfectly priced makeup essential.
  • Ruby Kisses HD Set N' Forget Setting Powder ($5.99 at beautyonlinesupply.com) - I just LOVE this 100% pure silica powder. It's perfect for touching up and setting your makeup without looking like a cake face. It mattifies your face and comes in various colors. I love the banana, it's a dupe of the ever so popular Ben Nye Banana powder. 
  • Maybelline Volum' Express One-by-One mascara ($6.99 on Ebay) - I'm not sure why I don't hear about this mascara more than I do. It reminds me of the Clump Crusher by Cover Girl. It doesn't clump up and makes my eyelashes look incredibly full. It's a very dark color formulation and you can build it up if you're not happy with one coat.
  • Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer ($6.99 at Ulta) - This is one of my favorite primers, especially since my face is overly oily. If you don't look the matte look, I wouldn't recommend this, but if you're oily like me, you must try this out! It's a thicker consistency, but it glides on your face incredibly smooth and feels like you're not wearing a thing.
  • Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencils ($2.99 at Walgreens) - The price point of these eyeliners can't be beat. They go on so smoothly, the colors are so pigmented and they don't budge. I tight line my eyes with the black one everyday and I don't have a problem with it wearing off mid day like normal. These remind me of the NARS Larger than Life long wear eyeliner but without the $24 price tag.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment